You won’t be able to stop eating these cookies…
Makes 4 about 4 dozen
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (or earth balance)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or sugar sub)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries or goji berries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into butter mixture until well blended. Add oats, flaxseed, chips, coconut, cranberries, and almonds, and stir until well blended.
4. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons or with a 1 ounce ice-cream scoop onto bake sheet about 2 inches apart. Press tops down with the bottom of a glass to flatten cookies evenly (optional). Bake until golden, about 16 to 18 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan, and finish cooling completely on wire rack.